Building a Culture of Life in California
With Roe defeated, unfortunately California state legislature is paving the way to make California a “safe haven” for abortion. Rather than helping women achieve their dreams alongside motherhood and creating legislation to support families, the state is pushing them to abort their babies. We must stand against these proposals and strengthen our efforts to foster a culture of life in California.
Prop 1: Your Pro-Life Vote Counts
The proposed Abortion Amendment to the California State Constitution will enshrine abortion in law. It has already been passed by the California State Assembly and will now appear on the November 8th ballot for all Californian citizens to vote on. If SCA 10 becomes part of our state constitution, it will be far more difficult to protect the preborn in our state. The language of the bill includes all forms of abortion-on-demand, including late-term abortion. It is imperative that we defeat this measure on the ballot in November: Vote NO on CA PROP 1.
Additional information and voting guides:
- California ProLife Council Prop 1 Information
- The Right to Life League: Prop 1’s Broad Language
- Real Impact Survey: Californians Oppose Limitless Abortions
- Craig Huey California Voting Guide
- iVoter Guide
Good News to Act On
Rep. Chris Smith and Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers have introduced the Protect Pregnancy Care Centers Act of 2022, a bill that aims to protect pregnancy resource centers and medical clinics against violent attacks. It will require the Biden Administration to publicly disclose how it is handling the investigation and prosecution of those engaging in “domestic violent extremism” against pregnancy centers and to investigate and prosecute the responsible individuals immediately.
While the Pregnancy Help Center has been blessed to go unscathed, nearly 70 acts of violence against pregnancy care centers have been recorded since May. Despite the threats of violence, the medical professionals, staff, and volunteers at these centers continue to provide crucial life-affirming care to women in need. We implore you to support this important bill to help ensure that we, and the women who rely on us for support, are kept safe from further attacks.
California Pro-Abortion Bills
In September 2022, Governor Newsom and the CA state legislature passed a slew of bills in the California Assembly and Senate that make abortion even more accessible. The bills are:
- AB 2223: legalizes infanticide
- SB 1142: creates an “Abortion Information Webpage”, managed by the California Department of Public Health, that provides information on accessing abortion services in California
- SB 1245: makes LA county an abortion “safe haven”
- SB1375: eliminates abortion safety standards
- AB 2134: provides for no cost abortion services
- AB 2586: defunds pro-life clinics, funds abortion clinics
- AB 1918: establishes taxpayer funded abortion scholarships
- AB 657: expedites abortion licenses
- AB 1666: counters Texas Heartbeat Law
- AB 2091: hides out-of-state abortions
- AB 1242: bars police officers from complying with other states’ orders
- AB 2626: prohibits revoking the certificate of a physician/surgeon solely for performing an abortion
- SB 1131: entitles abortionists to special confidentiality and protection from broadly defined “harassment”
National Level Developments
President Biden has signed an executive order that could force taxpayers to pay for out-of-state abortion. The order would invite states to apply to use Medicaid to fund women traveling across state lines for an abortion. California is one of 16 states that already fund elective abortions through their state Medicaid programs.
President Biden has also expressed support for changing the filibuster rules in the Senate in order to force the misnamed Women’s Health Protection Act through the chamber. This bill will legalize abortions up to birth nationwide and override the states’ current ability to protect babies from abortions.
Take Action Now
These pieces of legislation threaten the health and safety of women and babies, both preborn and born. YOU can make a difference in preserving the sanctity of life in California:
Vote NO On Prop 1
Subscribe To Our e-Newsletter
Subscribe to our e-newsletters, which include “Call to Action,” a series that will keep you informed of important legislation updates and what action you can take. To subscribe, email email@example.com
Spread the Word
Be the voice of the voiceless. Help to spread the word about these dangerous bills: forward this page and our e-newsletter to your family and friends.
Fund Life-Affirming Services
We must work together to turn this abortion sanctuary state into a state for life. The Center will continue to support and empower women facing difficult decisions about their pregnancies. Your donation today will go towards providing life-affirming services for women. Thank you for showing genuine care for women in need and their babies.